Marketing & Research Intern
Fiji Trade Commission
About Fiji Trade Commission
The Fijian Consulate General and Trade Commission to Australia and New Zealand with offices in Sydney and Auckland carries out activities on behalf of the Government of Fiji and aims to contribute to Fiji's economic prosperity through:
- Investment promotion to attract high quality foreign direct investment into Fiji;
- Export promotion by assisting Fijian businesses to tap into market access opportunities in Australia and New Zealand;
- Trade facilitation assistance in the areas of quarantine, customs, ports and immigration;
- Market Research and Intelligence reports for Fijian businesses to leverage investment and export opportunities;
- Targeted media campaigns aimed at promoting Fiji as an ideal business destination.
About the role
An exciting internship opportunity is available for a passionate & enthusiastic student to join the Fiji Trade Commission team in Auckland for a period of six months (12 hours per week) from March 2019.
Key duties include:
- Undertake relevant research and analysis in identifying potential trade and investment opportunities
- Assist in development of strategic marketing and communications for key clientele to achieve trade and investment targets
- Attend to trade and investment enquiries and assist potential buyers and investors
- Support the trade and investment unit to organise high level events involving Heads of Government, Ministers, Senior Government Officials and Business Executives
- Contribute the updating of website and social media accounts held by the Consulate/Trade Commission
- Studying in areas such as international relations, marketing, communications, economics, commerce or any other related field
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skill combined with strong presentation and speaking skills
- A self-starter with the ability to produce high quality reports and briefs that are user-friendly in a timely manner
- Strong analytical skills and a willingness to learn
- Proficient with technology & computer literacy in MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
Why choose Fiji Trade Commission?
This internship will provide a valuable opportunity to potential candidates in experiencing first-hand the nuances and perspectives of working at a government funded trade commission in the fields of trade/investment research, international relations, trade and investment promotion/facilitation and community engagement and development.
Please log in to apply for this position. All applications must be made via the Internz site. If you have any questions please contact Chelsie Hendrickson at Chelsie.email@example.com