Marketing & Research Intern - International Trade
Fiji Trade Commission is a government funded global business that is taking the international trade industry by storm. We have a diverse and busy role in marketing which will see you wearing many hats throughout the business. The 6 month part time internship opportunity will suit a passionate & enthusiastic University student in their second or third year studying marketing, business or economics and trade.
You will gain valuable experience in many different areas including international trade, events, marketing, social media management, market mapping and research, admin and other adhoc duties. You will gain experience first-hand the nuances and perspectives of working at a government funded trade commission in the fields of trade/investment research, international relations, trade and investment promotion/facilitation and community engagement and development.
Job tasks and responsibilities include:
· Research and produce high quality knowledge products that can be effectively utilised by Fijian exporters and potential investors;
· Undertake relevant research and analysis in identifying potential trade and investment opportunities;
· Assist in development of strategic marketing and communications for key clientele to achieve trade and investment targets;
· Assist in building, developing and maintaining relationships with key clientele & relevant stakeholders;
· Attend to trade and investment inquiries and assist potential buyers and investors;
· Support the trade and investment unit to organise high level events involving Heads of Government, Ministers, Senior Government Officials and Business Executives;
· Contribute the updating of website and social media accounts held by the Consulate/Trade Commission; and
· Any other duties that are assigned by the Manager Trade and Investment (NZ).
Attitude will be everything in this job, you will be working with a small and well experienced team who can help you grow and develop your skills. Our offices are hot property located down town overlooking the harbour, harbour bridge, north shore and East Auckland!
If you have a hard working nature, positive can do attitude and have the above skills then please apply today.
The internship will be paid NZD$19.11 (includes 8% pay in lieu of holidays) per hour. From April 1, 2020 the wage will be raised to $20.41 (includes 8% pay in lieu of holidays) per hour. The role has an expectation of 16 hours work per week across two days (with flexibility) in our Auckland CBD office.