Mechanical Engineering Graduate
About Greymouth Petroleum
Greymouth Petroleum is a leading New Zealand owned oil and gas production company, with operations based in Taranaki, New Zealand. Greymouth holds a significant development portfolio in the Taranaki Basin.
Greymouth Petroleum are looking for a Mechanical Engineering graduate to join their team based in Taranaki. As a member of the Engineering Department you will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical advice and support on mechanical design and construction projects for Greymouth Petroleum sites, as well as identification of improvement opportunities, and leading projects.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of engineering, projects and maintenance programs
- Participate and conduct studies to confirm the scoping requirements and justification for major additions/upgrades
- Lead planning and implementation of projects, manage project budgets and resource allocation
- Provide technical support and guidance for both internal and external projects
- Ensure that fit for purpose QA / QC systems are used to assure project quality
- Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards
- Prepare design calculations
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all Greymouth Petroleum site facilities
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering
- Work experience in an engineering environment
- Project management skills would be beneficial
- Excellent computer skills including stress analysis packages, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organisational skills, planning, attention to detail, record keeping and meeting deadlines
- Good understanding of Health and Safety systems & procedures
Why choose Greymouth Petroleum?
Move out of Auckland! From the mountain to beautiful beaches, Taranaki is a spectacular location to begin your career whilst enjoying the lifestyle away from the busy cities. An attractive salary is on offer along with the rare opportunity to work in the oil & gas industry as a graduate mechanical engineer alongside experienced engineers with a wealth of knowledge to share!
Please log in to apply for this position. All applications must be made via this site. If you have any questions please contact Chelsie Hendrickson at Chelsie.email@example.com