Cafe Chef – Graduate
About Mojo Coffee
Located at the epicentre of cafes on Carlton Gore Road, Mojo Newmarket thrives on the constant flow of loyal customers looking to be fuelled for their day. A mix of suited up exes to lycra wearing cyclists, we are able to offer something for everyone without ever dropping our standards. With an innovative menu and changing seasonal offerings, as well as a cabinet selection of baked goods and sandwiches, Mojo Newmarket is looking for a Café Chef / Senior Café Chef to take the reins of the busy kitchen.
About the role
Working along side the Café Manager, you will achieve wage cost and COG targets, maintain an A Grade Food Safety standard, and continue to deliver top quality food to every guest. You will be accountable for achieving food cost targets, stocktake, FCP, ordering and maintaining a clean orderly kitchen. Mojo Newmarket is a 7 day operation, days off are negotiable but you will be expected to work the weekends. All shifts are through the day only, giving you the evenings free to do your own thing.
- Final year or recent graduate of culinary arts or similar
- Some relevant work experience is preferred
- An upbeat positive attitude with a focus on quality and the desire for the highest possible standard
- Someone who thrives on the challenge that that an excitingly fast paced breakfast and lunch trade brings
- Punctuality, reliability, and excellent communication skills are a given - likewise excellent personal presentation
- There is no room for old school chef egos here; only the desire to be a true team player
Why Mojo Coffee?
Professional development opportunity with an excellent NZ owned Hospitality Company. If you’re looking to operate in a solo role for the first time, through the support of an Auckland Head Chef, and the Mojo Coffee Operations team, Mojo have the ability to grow the successful applicant. Mojo offer a good starting salary and the opportunity to move between cafes and experience different working environments.
Please log in to apply for this position. All applications must be made via this site. If you have any questions, please contact Chelsie Hendrickson at Chelsie.email@example.com