Events Fundraising Intern
The SPCA (The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Incorporated) is New Zealand's oldest and largest animal welfare charity, with 39 animal centres across the country. SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
This role will support the Events & Community Fundraising team and the wider SPCA to execute a profitable and well-run Annual Street Appeal. This is a 10-12 week paid internship based in the New Lynn head office starting mid January.
- Support the team to execute local street appeals including managing rosters, communicating with volunteers and booking sites
- Manage collateral throughout the country
- Assist the data team in entering participant and donor data
- Assist in identifying new channels to market to and recruit volunteers
- Assist in managing participant enquiries
- Provide support for regional centres with no staff; booking sites, managing volunteers and overall event logistics
- Assist with administration
- Student or graduate in business, marketing, communications, events or similar
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- A full NZ drivers licence
Why choose SPCA?
You don’t just have to be an animal lover to work with the SPCA. SPCA seek out exceptional talent that can help change the way people think and behave, unite communities and influence change to improve the welfare of animals in New Zealand. Based in New Lynn with a fun and energetic team and a couple of office dogs to keep you company.
Please log in to apply for this position. All applications must be made via this site. If you have any questions please contact Chelsie Hendrickson at Chelsie.firstname.lastname@example.org